What to expect
Whether you live around the corner or are visiting from across the globe, we would be delighted to have you visit our worship service. Here’s what you can typically expect on any given Sunday:
10:00 Coffee Fellowship: Refreshments are served 30 minutes before the worship service. This is a great time to grab a snack, meet some people, find where to take your kids, etc.
10:30 Worship Service: The service runs between 60-90 minutes and typically includes the following:
- Reading of Scripture
- Singing songs (both timeless hymns, and modern worship songs) that express truths about God and devotion toward Him
- Receiving offerings – relax, there is no expectation that guests contribute
- A message from the Bible – usually an explanation of a Bible passage with emphasis on its relevance to our lives.
Kids? A nursery is available for infants and toddlers during the service. Elementary aged kids attend the first half of the service and then are invited to a children’s program during the message. If you are more comfortable keeping your kids with you in the service, you are welcome to.
We do our best to put visitors at ease. We won’t single you out in the service or ask you to say anything, etc. However, we would love to meet you. Stop by our welcome table in the foyer to introduce yourself, ask any questions, and pick up a welcome gift!
Planning your visit
We want to make your visit as easy as possible so you can relax and focus on encountering God.
- What to wear? This is easy. People are at ease with suits and ties as well as shorts and jeans.
- How to get there? This is also easy. We are at the N.W. corner of HWY 1 & Ardath.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
Typically the first Sunday of the month is a special Sunday at FBC. If you happen to visit on one of these Sundays, in addition to the above, you can also expect:
- Communion Observance: During the worship service we have a time of remembrance where we take communion together. Individual cups and pieces of bread are passed around and we eat and drink in remembrance of Christ’s death for forgiveness of sins. All who are followers of Jesus are invited to participate
- Potluck Meal: On these special Sundays we share a meal together directly after the service. All are invited to join.